Friday, December 05, 2008

Happy news!

You know, because the economy is so depressing lately, I thought it'd be nice to post some happy deal news! =)

Here they are!


December 5, 2008



Foreign rights:
Fiction

Romanian rights to John Joseph Adams's WASTELANDS anthology, to SC Nemira, by Jenny Rappaport of the Rappaport Agency on behalf of the L. Perkins Agency, in association with Simona Kessler International Copyright Agency.
December 5, 2008



Children's:
Young Adult

Pearl North's LIBYRINTH, about a girl who lives in a giant library and can hear the voices of the books around her, a skill that puts her in mortal danger when her illiterate enemies decide that she is meant to be their one true Redeemer, to James Frenkel at Tor, in a nice deal, in a three-book deal, by Jenny Rappaport of the Rappaport Agency on behalf of the L. Perkins Agency (World).


And for those keeping track at home, Pearl North is the pseudonym being used by the fabulous Anne Harris. Anne has recently started taking part in Book View Cafe, which is this great website put together by some other famous authors you might have heard of, like Ursula K. Le Guin and Vonda McIntyre.

8 comments:

lotusloq said...

Congrats! Yea!! Good news!! We could definitely use some of that around here. That Libyrinth sounds like a really fun and exciting read. I can't wait til it comes out. It's just the sort of thing my kids would enjoy.

NewGuyDave said...

Way to go Jenny!! I noticed that those successes are done for L. Perkins Agency, and probably projects you have been working on for a while. When do we get to see your agency collecting all the honors?

Happy for you!

Jenny Rappaport said...

NewGuyDave, soon, soon. =)

When agents move between agencies, they have to follow contractual termination agreements about the books they sell. These are part of mine. And I'm happy they're done on behalf of the L. Perkins Agency, anyway!

Nathalie Mallet said...

YAY! Congrats to all three of you!

Julie Butcher-Fedynich said...

Congratulations. I guess when the sky fell, it bypassed you!

Off topic, have you, or Jodi dyed any yarn in the microwave? There are too many ways to do it.

Ann Victor said...

Still more good news!

Romanian rights? Interesting...

Jenny Rappaport said...

Julie, I haven't tried dyeing yarn in the microwave, although I know the principles of it.

I've done only crockpot dyeing, although I've been experimenting with lots of different techniques with it. And now I'm knitting my dyed yarn into something, and I haev to tell you, the feeling of watching the colors come out... completely, totally cool. =)

I've never spun anything, but Jodi's your girl for that. I can help some with dyeing though.

Marva said...

Having watched "The Librarian" on TNT last night, the idea of library fantasy must be hot these days.

Completely different, of course, but I'm reminded of the opening to Spielberg's Amazing Stories from long ago TV-land.