Thursday, January 15, 2009

OMG

Please excuse me, because my brain is currently not grokking any of this yet.

Let me explain the series of events for today...

I woke up and it was snowing. My parking lot was snowed over, and I couldn't go anywhere for the day. This also meant my husband stayed home for the day, since his office is considerably farther away than our second bedroom...

.... so the husband stayed home. And we worked together, companionably, all through the morning and the snow stopping, and had a warm lunch together....

... and then midway through the afternoon, my husband disappeared from his computer, but I was still steadily sending e-mail, and didn't realize that he had gone to take a nap. So about 3:15pm or so, I wandered into the bedroom, found my husband curled up asleep with the cat, and decided, what the hell, I'll take a nap too....

.... and then I woke up at 6:15pm, and found out that there was a plane floating in the Hudson, and that my husband and I had managed to sleep through multiple frantic phone calls from my mother, telling us to turn on the local NYC news channels on the TV.... and wow, just wow, a plane floating on the Hudson River.

And everyone survived.

And one of my writing friends was waiting in Charlotte, NC, to get on that exact plane to continue her journey to Seattle.

And I am just so thankful and weirded out by this that you have no idea.

I don't think I'll be taking any more naps in the afternoon, because when I do, the world seems to turn topsy-turvy... =)

4 comments:

ryan field said...

I was working all day in office, then had dinner at seven. I didn't find out about the plane until two minutes ago on AOL.

marikris said...

Well gosh darned. I now know about the plane after reading this. Gonna call my parents now. They were probably comfortably at home in Queens, but still O_o

Chumplet - Sandra Cormier said...

One Saturday I didn't turn on the television. Not once. By 11pm I discovered a black bear had been running all over Newmarket with the police chasing it.

Don't get me started on the escaped circus elephants.

Justus M. Bowman said...

Naps and tragedy. Reminds me of Sphere.