Friday, January 02, 2009

Twitter Story #1

I don't know what to call the little stories that I have coming out on Twitter. Some people have suggested TwitterFic, which seems to work for me, or there's the micro-fiction that Ron Hogan has suggested over on Galleycat.

Whatever it is, here's the first one of mine that came out on December 21, 2008. (Watch, 140 characters of TwitterFic instantly sets my Campbell Award deadline as the end of 2010. Not that I would win it, but still. =) My mom asked for a direct link, since she couldn't find it.

Twitter Story #1 by Jenny Rae Rappaport

7 comments:

Adam Heine said...

I've been mentally calling them "thaumatropes", but that's probably not appropriate, because Thaumatrope probably isn't the only micro-fiction Twitter-zine out there. But it's the only one I know of.

dan said...

BRINGING DOWN THE literary HOAX

http://globalwishingwell.blogspot.com/

ryan field said...

I was supposed to get updates, but they never happened. And I've been working on and off and checking e-mail all through the holidays. I'm going to try again. Glad you gave the link.

Pema said...

Fun story. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that 140 character limit, but you made it work.

BJ said...

I just got my first Thaumatrope acceptance today! Yay me!

Unfortunately, they are currently closed to submissions. :(

Word verification: typompal. Impaling oneself on one's typographical errors?

elizaw said...

I just took the easy path out and call mine micro-fiction. I've been doing this off and on for over half a year now. (twitter.com/ElizaWyatt)

Amanda said...

I've been calling them "Twitfics" in my head.