Friday, February 27, 2009

New poem!

I've been remiss in blogging lately; everything this week has just been terribly busy.

First, some "me" news, and then the client news in the next few posts.

Everyday Weirdness has bought another poem of mine, "The Warriors of the Dark", and it's up now.

You can read the poem here.

I tend to feel it's less sophisticated than the other poem of mine that was published, which makes sense considering that this is the first poem I wrote as an adult, and "Lucifer Defiant" was written much later.

It was inspired by THE WOLVES IN THE WALLS by Neil Gaiman, and an actual nightmare I had at the time--a nightmare where hands came out of my bedroom wall and strangled me in my sleep.

Enjoy. =)

4 comments:

Katrina S. Forest said...

Nicely-done poem. I honestly think Wolves in the Walls was written more for us adults than young readers. I've never managed to get a group of kids to sit through it (although several kids I've read to enjoyed The Day I Traded My Dad for Two Goldfish).

ryan field said...

It's really very good!!

theaccidentalnovelist said...

My walls are wolfless! What a great line...and great sound.

Jenny Rae Rappaport said...

Thank you all! =)