Monday, March 02, 2009

The Silly iTunes meme

I figured, it's a snow day, I'm enjoying my 8" of snow (picture of my backyard forthcoming!), so why not do a silly iTunes meme as I work. Since I have iTunes blaring most of the time anyway, I'll just write down what comes along.

And here are the results, some of them are roughly translated from Japanese...

IF SOMEONE SAYS 'ARE YOU OKAY' YOU SAY?
2 Dai no Piano Notameno Rachmaninoff - Sergei Rachmaninoff (from the Nodame Cantible soundtrack)

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF
Dam Dariram - Dance Dance Revolution

WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Barbie Girl - Aqua (in German for some reason!)

HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Hump'em n'Dump'em - Wheatus

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
The River - Bruce Springsteen

WHAT'S YOUR MOTTO?
Fisherlid - Itzhak Perlman

WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Dream Police - Cheap Trick

WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Yeroushaliam Chel Zahav (Jerusalem of Gold) - Schindler's List Soundtrack

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
Catapult - REM

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Chihiro no Warutsu - Spirited Away Image Album

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Mr. Radio - Electric Light Orchestra

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
This Time - Tracy Chapman

WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
HAL - Keiko Kurubushi (PRIDE drama soundtrack)

WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Brand New Love Song - The Pillows (FLCL Soundtrack #1)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
Halo - Oleander

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Long Distance Wander Around - Ayashi No Ceres Soundtrack (I can't get the Japanese to translate better; it's an instrumental piece)

WHAT DO YOU WANT RIGHT NOW?
Lounge - Hirasawa Susumu (Paprika Original Soundtrack; yes, the Satoshi Kon film)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Truth (Counting Sheep) - NeXXyZ

WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
Time Will Tell - Hikuru Utada

I'd like to note that this took an hour and a half of listening to stuff, as well as taking phone calls in the interim. =)

6 comments:

Jarucia said...

Snowy days inspire some of our most interesting behavioral choices...you've got a wicked good music mix going on, though.

Kristin Laughtin said...

The weird thing is that I'm listening to a Hirasawa Susumu as I read this post/type this response! (Dream Island Obsessional Park from the Paranoia Agent OST)

rai-ei said...

Hi Jenny,

As a long-time lurker I've been meaning to ask this for a while now, but... how long have you been studying Japanese for?

(Also- from your library thing- are you really an Angel Sanctuary fan????)

Jenny Rae Rappaport said...

Thanks, Jarucia. I have almost 4500 songs, so it could have been wildly different. =)

I must get the Paranoia Agent soundtrack...

rai-ei, I took Japanese for two years in college. I am EXTREMELY rusty. I need to take lessons again. I can comprehend far more than I can speak or read or write. Unfortunately, Japanese lessons are expensive and not located close to anywhere I live.

Jenny Rae Rappaport said...

Oh, and yes, I do like Angel Sanctuary. =)

Heidi C. Vlach said...

Dance Dance Revolution music? Your taste is impeccable.