Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Zarantha, I love you!

Almost two years ago, I wrote about a book I had been searching for that I was never able to find. This is the post about my missing book.

Today, I got a comment in my moderation queue from someone named Zarantha. She or he had gone through my archives, come across my missing book post, and KNEW WHAT BOOK I WAS TALKING ABOUT.

I use all caps because I really don't think you understand how incredibly happy I am to know the identity of this book. I almost had a heart attack, when I read the comment, and then checked out the links that Zarantha had left, and then realized, oh good lord, that was my book.

SPACELING by Doris Piserchia is the book I've been looking for all these years.

This is a summary link, which still doesn't do it justice.

This is a very bad description of it on Fantastic Fiction.

It's coming to me from a used bookseller on Amazon.

I do believe my life is now complete. =)

6 comments:

Tara Maya said...

That is so cool.

Jenn Johansson said...

LOL that's hilarious. I'm so happy she found it for you. :)

lotusgirl said...

Some people online can be so helpful. Yea for Zarantha! Glad your life is now complete!

Laurel said...

It is cool, and has me determined to go the next step in finding two missing fantasies from my childhood, which alas, was longer ago than yours! Is there any hope of finding books from the '70s? If you don't mind, which of those book search chat sites was most helpful in getting you closer to your goal?

Thanks,
Laurel

zarantha said...

I'm glad I could help :). I found your archive on askville while searching for the title myself. I found the title in the discussion, rather than the answer part. I checked your blog 'cause I was so happy to find it, I just had to make sure that you found the book too.

Anyway, the answer on Askville has some good suggestions for those of you still looking for your missing books, or you can just post there to cover your bases:

http://askville.amazon.com/help-find-author-title-book/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=12807225&discPage=1

Laurel - there is hope - Spaceling was published in 1978!

-Dawn

Laurel said...

I'm just getting back - thanks so much Dawn for posting the link! I'm going right over.