Friday, April 10, 2009

A little night music

Posting will remain a bit sporadic for the next few days, as I must catch up on work.

I thought I would leave you with two things to listen to though. The first is my dear, dear friend, Ms. Holly McDowell. Holly has had classical piano training, and every few months she does a new piece and puts it on Youtube. She claims there's a mistake in here, but I can't tell.

Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" played by Holly McDowell



And this has been running wild on everyone's blogs, but if you haven't seen it yet, it's truly a great video to watch, as well as listen too.

"Stand By Me" played by various musicians around the world


Stand By Me from David Johnson on Vimeo.

9 comments:

lotusgirl said...

I wish I could play Moonlight Sonata that well! Lovely!

hollymc said...

Aw, dude, you're so nice! I popped over to find out how your holiday went and saw your link. Sounds like your holiday went well! Yay!

I love that Stand By Me vid. Great song.

Jen said...

Ah, I love Moonlight Sonata...but if my piano teacher forces me to play it, I may stop liking it as much. I'm horrible at piano. Le sigh.

Tara Maya said...

Beautiful. Thank you for uplifting my morning.

Janet Spaeth said...

So loved the music here--"Moonlight Sonata" is possibly the most beautiful piece of music ever written (I also like "Fur Elise" a lot), but the "Stand By Me" piece is *incredible*!

Thanks for both of them!

Karen Amanda Hooper said...

Since I'm such a music buff I just wanted to say thank you for sharing. I always enjoy great music suggestions. :)

Elissa M said...

I have to say the mixing on that Stand By Me video is absolutely awesome. That's an amazing talent all by itself.

Elissa M said...

Oh, and Holly's not shabby, either!

lisanneharris said...

Both pieces are wonderfully inspiring. Thank you for sharing!