Sunday, May 31, 2009

Nathan, I claim victory!

To recap: I signed up this year to be part of Brenda Novak's auction for diabetes research. It's a REALLY good cause, especially since I'm at risk for it myself (I'm insulin-resistant).

I agreed to read a proposal.

When my auction was being purchased for about $280, I declared war on Nathan Bransford.

And today, I went to the auction site, when it ended, and found out...

... that somebody had purchased my services for $1150. I am flabbergasted. Honored and flabbergasted at the exact same time. My husband says I am clearly in the wrong line of work, and should be working as a freelance editor instead; I reminded him that good agents have a strict code of ethics and that I have no desire to go against it.

But damn.

Thank you, whoever you are, alextill. You've bought a lot of good research with your purchase. =)

And Nathan didn't do too badly for himself either... he was bought for $913.

Which means that the two of us earned over $2000 combined. And that's not even counting all the other fabulous agents who were part of the auction as well. We should declare war next year again!

So thank you, everyone who participated. I feel entirely warm and fuzzy right now because you've done a very good deed. =)

4 comments:

Litgirl01 said...

Wow! You both did really well. What a wonderful thing for you guys to do! :-)

ryan field said...

This is great.

TecZ aka Dalton C Teczon - Writer said...

The auction sounds interesting. I like both Nathan and you, it would have been a hard choice. You're both top agents in my book.

I always appreciate the blogs that you take your time to write, filled with your experiences and helpful advice. Thanks so much for all you share. Have a great day! :)

Nathan Bransford said...

Wow, I'm floored!!

And I'll be training for our rematch in '10...