Monday, June 22, 2009

Books for Breasts

I have my third story due on Wednesday morning at 7:30am, so I'm only popping in really briefly here...

I wanted to let you know about a wonderful thing that my friend, James Maxey, is doing to support breast cancer. He lost his partner, Laura, to the disease in 2005, and has been a passionate supporter of breast cancer research ever since. Now, he's offering a signed copy of his latest book, DRAGONSEED (Solaris, 2009), to anyone who donates to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation through "Team Dragon", which is the fundraising team he's set up.

Many more details can be found here, at his blog post about Books for Breasts.

If you have a little bit to spare, it's well worth it. One of our good family friends had breast cancer, and my husband's grandmother died of it two years ago. It affects everyone, in every walk of life. Almost everyone knows someone who knows someone who's lost a relative or a friend to this disease. Now you know me. Please go read James' post.

No comments: