Saturday, June 13, 2009

Books read

In a bit of catchup, I think I shall list all the books that I've read in the past few months, since my last book post.

21. AT LAST COMES LOVE by Mary Balogh
Book Three in the Huxtable series, which I found slightly stronger than the other two. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying these books, but it bothers me that the people in the family are all so good. SO good...

22. SEDUCING AN ANGEL by Mary Balogh
Book Four in the Huxtable series, where the characters are still good. Decent book though. I am greatly looking forward to Con's book because Con is such a wonderful demon of a man.

23. THIS DUCHESS OF MINE by Eloisa James
Jeli's story! Jemma and Elijah were always two of my favorite characters in the Duchess stories, and I was very pleased to find that she managed to give them a happy ending. And oh my, I never knew that chess scenes in bed could be written to be so deliciously sexy. I'm also really looking forward to the last book in the series, which is Villiers and Shakespeare-based, a bit. Loving the Montague daughters and/or crazy Lisette. My money is on Lisette and Villiers. =)

24. THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins
I didn't read this for the longest time, and then I finally bought it and was completely hooked.

And that's it for now, although I'm almost done with a few other books that I'm sneaking in before bed. There's just something so unsoothing about the thought of retiring to bed with my Kindle to read...


PurpleClover said...

I haven't read The Hunger Games but I've only heard good things about it. I must add it to my list of things to read!

Moth said...

The Hunger Games is an incredible book. My boyfriend (a man's man in his mid-20s) stayed up until 5am because he COULD NOT put it down! Me and my sister had similiar experiences when we read it. Once you start it, it really is impossible to stop.

I can't wait for the sequel, Catching Fire!