Monday, August 03, 2009

Vampires, vampires, and more vampires!

I would be completely remiss as a literary agent, if I didn't tell you that Amazon is shipping the newest John Joseph Adams' anthology, BY BLOOD WE LIVE--a full nine days before the official release date! Go forth and and get yours before the brick and mortar stores put them out! Be the totally cool kid on the block. And most importantly, admire the cover, which I think is creepy and gorgeous at the same time.

Plus, it's vampires. Whether you like yours sparkly or scary, this book has something for everyone. =)

4 comments:

Iconista said...

Love your enthusiasm. Nice deal, btw. Hell, I wish I'd had you when I was trying to sell Bloodline: Demon of the Trenches :)

Richard Badalamente said...

I can only hope that when it comes to vampire novels/movies, "This too, shall pass."

Iconista said...

I hope it doesn't pass until someone gets the meat off the bones of the vampire myth and stops slicing off prime cuts and presenting them as fine dining. All this glossy romantic crap has nothing to do with dark reality that the vampire myth is an entirely male view of sexuality. It is gloomy and cynical. Which I guess is why it appeals so much to teenagers.

james said...

Love the cover's homage to "The Lost Boys," a fun vampire flick. I think the vampire myth will evolve and re-invent itself which is exciting and by virtue of this evolution, some strains won't survive while others will thrive. It's kind of like literary Darwinism.