Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Fiction Sale!!!!

I am stunned and pleased to announce that a flash story I submitted to Knitty has now been published!

Please click through to read "The Sock Thief", wherein I immortalize John Joseph Adams, my friend and client.

And now to get in touch with the Knitty people, because you know, it would have been nice to be told about the story being accepted, and I'd like to get paid. =)

ETA: I am indeed getting paid and the Knitty people are lovely. Yay! =)

But still, overwhelmed, very pleased, and uber-excited!

10 comments:

RKCharron said...

Congratulations on your sale!
You must definitely be paid for it.
All the best,
@RKCharron
xoxo

Robert W. Leonard said...

That's great, Jenny! Way to go! Sounds like you are having a good time at the conference as well. A good weekend all around, eh? :)

-Robert

aimee said...

Wait, don't I remember you selling some twitterfic prior to this? Or are you not counting it because it's so very wee? ;)

Doesn't make a sale any less awesome though!! Yay!!

Karen said...

Congratulations! I've got a couple of patterns cooking that I hope to submit to Knitty (after test-knitting), and I knew they published articles, but I hadn't any idea that they'd consider flash fiction.

Tochi said...

lmao at this story of an alien sock-junkie. Definitely 'out there' in the idea department.

Good stuff, Jenny.

ryan field said...

Congratulations!!

Jodi Meadows said...

Hurrah moneys for stories!

Gargi said...

Congratulations! I too had my first fiction sale this month, at Every Day Fiction

Merrie Destefano said...

That's so cool, Jenny!

evepaludan said...

Congratulations!