Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tendinitis...

... is not something I would ever wish on my worst enemy. I touch type; have touch typed since they taught us how to do it in fourth grade. Consequently, it is difficult for me to hunt and peck with only my left hand, because all of a sudden, the right hand is typing too!

I have about one week to two more weeks of dictating... expect blog posts to be scarce around here until then. You would think I would love talking all the time, but between answering e-mail and attempting to complexly format contract by voice, I'm worn out. :-) I keep reminding myself that at least I have all my limbs.

7 comments:

Adam Heine said...

It's good to hear you'll be typing again soon. I have a friend with a chronic form of tendinitis. He hasn't been able to play the congas (his love and his gift -- the guy's a Latin jazz genius) for almost 10 years.

Ian said...

Get well soon.
I've had a mild case of it and it is one of the worst things.
Just picture yourself as a modern-day Barbara Cartland, dictating away to a minion as you eat chocolates and quaff champers.

ChristaCarol said...

lol Ian, great visual. I've never had this but it sounds awful. I do have carpal tunnel in my right hand which acts up from time to time, but probably nothing like this. Sorry!

Alan B. Steeks said...

Get bettah!

lynnrush said...

I hope you get well soon. I once had tendinitis in both my wrists...and it required me to be in casts. I feel your pain, I really do.

Prayin' you have a quick recovery...hang in there.

ryan field said...

Hope it's better soon. I have CT from years of working on keyboards, and I know how frustrating it can be when you can't type.

Julie Butcher-Fedynich said...

You take it easy. I know it's making you crazy not to zoom at your usual speed, but do what the doctors say and soon you'll be Superwoman again.

P.S. Don't even look at the yarns!