Sunday, November 29, 2009

Books with Covers

I haven't posted anything about the books I've read this year for absolute months, so this isn't in a chronological order anymore, and I suspect that I will be adding more books on as I find them around my house.

38. WILDWOOD DANCING by Juliet Marillier
I thought the blending of tropes in this was simply lovely and I enjoyed it. That said, it lacks something of the raw power of her adult works.

39. HOW TO DITCH YOUR FAIRY by Justine Larbalestier
I really liked this. Truth told, it took me a bit to get into it with all the slang, but then I zipped through it. I did want to know exactly what Danders Anders did though...

40. BOUND BY YOUR TOUCH by Meredith Duran
I liked this, but not as much as I wanted to like it.

41. DON'T TEMPT ME by Loretta Chase
I really liked this one, especially because it had a Zoe in it. I'm very fond of the name, wouldn't you know... =)

42. SLIGHTS by Kaaron Warren
Creepy and good.

43. NORSE CODE by Greg van Eekhout
I adored this one beyond belief. It was quick, it was snappy, and it was delightfully irreverent. I am seriously looking forward to whatever he writes next. =)

44. SOULLESS by Gail Carriger
This was another book by a debut author that I adored too. Witty, romantic, and extremely well-plotted. I want the next one, like now. I was delighted to meet Gail briefly at World Fantasy, where I got to tell her how much I liked it.

45. TEMPT ME AT TWILIGHT by Lisa Kleypas
I liked this the best of her recent historical romances, but I still remain firmly convinced that she falls into the "entertainment" side of the genre, rather than the "rock-solid writing" side. They are good entertainment though, don't get me wrong.

46. CATCHING FIRE by Suzanne Collins
Loved it. =)

There are more books, but it's time to go drag all the newly-cataloged books to the bookshelves. =)

3 comments:

lexcade said...

i actually finished catching fire in a day. yesterday to be exact. i couldn't believe how much i loved it.

Eric said...

Catching fire is an awesome book, and WHAT a cliffhanger. Can't wait for book three!

-Eric
http://themockingjay.vndv.com

Tochi said...

really? all this love for Catching Fire?

oh well. to each his/her own. The whole "getting tossed back into the games" was so obvious to me from the get-go. and I just didn't want that to happen. then it did.