Sunday, November 15, 2009

An Experiment

I am curious to know whether any of you would like to read some of my fiction, serialized in a couple of parts on this blog. I have a particular short story, "Skyscraper Dance", which I love dearly. I am well aware that it has many flaws, but I've moved on so much as a writer that it's not worth the investment of going back and fixing it. I've dutifully sent it out to fourteen short story markets, and it's been rejected from all of those. I could keep sending it out to smaller and smaller markets, but I'd rather share it with you guys here, under a Creative Commons License.

What do you think? Would it be weird reading it? Do you not want to read it? Good? Bad? Let me know your opinion.

Just to be clear: I would never do this with an unpublished novel, if I thought it had any chance of professional publication, but the market for short stories is woefully small, and this one has been out and about for the last eight years.

9 comments:

Deb Salisbury said...

I'd love to see it, but if it's SF or Fantasy I know of a new ezine that might want to publish it.

Have a look at www.aurorawolf.com.

Robert W. Leonard said...

I don't think so. It would be an interesting insight into the mind of an agent. Based on your blog, I imagine we have very similar tastes, so I imagine I'd like it. A few months ago I started a weekly fantasy short story podcast to go along with my novel writing. I'm all about sharing things with the public.

Ash. Elizabeth said...

I would love to read it! I think it would help all us writers who dream of having an agent like you get to know us better : ) so, please post!

CKHB said...

I would love to read it.

TamiJean said...

I, too, would love to read it!

Kristin Laughtin said...

I'd love to see it, if you're sure that it's not worth tinkering with anymore and submitting to other markets. I'm sure we all have stories we love that haven't (or won't) find publication--in fact, I think that's the plight for most of us. So maybe this would help build (more) solidarity with your readers.

Angelo said...

I am always interested in reading another writer's work. The more I read, the more I tend to write. Please share!

rebecca said...

I would be interested in reading it. :)

Sam Downing said...

Definitely post!