Sunday, November 15, 2009

Getting Things Right

I have an endearing fondness for those writers who work really hard on their research skills and have accurate details--in part, I think, because I'm such a research nut. Wikipedia, anyone? I can get lost for hours. =)

Writers of historical romance and historical fiction are particularly prone to critiques about accuracy, since the historical fact behind their stories HAS to be right. At least, it has to be right for me, and I assume lots of other readers.

But it's not always easy to figure out the details; sometimes, it involves a lot of guesswork. And sometimes, it involves two intrepid authors, Loretta Chase (historical romance) and Susan Holloway Scott (historical fiction) getting down and dirty in Colonial Williamsburg, as they try out the very things they write about.

Ladies and Gentlemen, for all the research nerds out there, I present to you Two Nerdy History Girls, which I've been absolutely loving for the past few months. =) Go check it out!

2 comments:

Susan Holloway Scott said...

Jenny, thank you SO MUCH for your kind words for our Two Nerdy History Girls blog (www.twonerdyhistorygirls.com)! Loretta and I launched the blog in late August, and we've been surprised and delighted by the response that's come our way. Our only goal at start-up was to entertain one another (which, as you can tell, we do) , so it's been wonderful to discover that the world is full of other history-nerds, too.

Jenny Rae Rappaport said...

No problem, Susan! =) I do love the blog--it's been on my Google Reader for months now.