I'm going to blog about what I've been doing lately and things that I'm interested in.
- November has been the ultimate month of suck. First, my husband had swine flu. Then, I had swine flu. After four glorious days of being recovered from swine flu... I got a sinus infection. I've had it up to here with November--it can go away and never come back.
- I made Thanksgiving this year, despite having the sinus infection. My husband helped immensely; I wouldn't have been able to do it without him. The menu was as follows: cheese and crackers; butternut squash soup and homemade Zephyr buns; turkey, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, homemade pickles, homemade pickled beets in red wine, bread sauce, cranberry sauce, red cabbage and apples, mashed potatoes and gravy, and peas; pumpkin pie, pear frangine, homemade quince ice cream, and chocolate apple shortcake. Granted, my mom and Chris' mom helped a bunch by each bringing a dessert and a side dish, but still, it was a ton of cooking. We have so many leftovers that it's not funny--I had enough food for easily twelve people. What can I say? I'm an overachiever. =)
- I've read a lot of books this month, since my brain has been so generally fried that reading manuscripts hasn't been working. There will be a separate post on books with covers. I've also been playing Professor Layton and the Curious Village, which my brother-in-law lent me. It was great fun, and I've finally finished the story mode. The great advantage is that it keeps me lying in bed and resting. I am very, very bad at enforced resting.
- Did I mention I bought myself a Nintendo DSi? =)
- The DS is also great because it's region-free. So I've been playing Kakitorikun, which is this kanji game for Japanese schoolchildren. You write the kanji (Chinese character) on the screen and it grades you. It's wonderful practice, but it hates how I write some things.
- I've also been speed-cramming for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), which I registered for this summer in a fit of ambition, and then life got in the way. I am so going to fail it because I registered for Level 3, but I'd really be much better off with Level 4 (lower level). Nonetheless, it's December 6th, so I'm going to continue to cram and fail with glory! I am very out of practice.