Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Public Accountability: Up, Over, and Through

I'm not always going to write every day, but making myself publicly accountable for what I'm writing has to be good for me, I figure.

"Up, Over and Through" is the tentative title of a short story that I've been working on for awhile. It has suicide simulators... =)

"Up, Over, and Through"

Starting Wordcount: 1312 words
Ending Wordcount: 1798 words
Words Written: 486 words (this is a good day for me, don't knock it)

PS. You are in no way obligated to comment on these wordcount posts at all...


Angelo said...

I think this is a great way to hold yourself accountable for what you say you're going to do. Would love to read this story when it's done, or if/when you're willing to share it!

PS- I am currently reading Stephen King's "On Writing". It is fascinating. The first hundred pages (a mini-biography) were very enlightening. King said he now tries to write 2000 words per day. I've decided to shoot for half that, just to try it out, just for a little bit, just to see if I like it. Many writers I know shoot for a "time limit" rather than a word count, but I always set my time limit way too large because I feel like I should always be working.

What works/has worked for you in this regard?

ryan field said...

The title certainly caught my eye.