Monday, January 18, 2010

I used to be able to do this in high school

Today I started what will colloquially be known as "Jenny loses weight, exercises, and lives a longer life."

I went running, real, honest-to-god shuffling, for the first time in about seven years. My legs really, really hurt.

That is all.


Tez Miller said...

Ouchies! I tried running, but whilst my legs could handle it, my breathing could not. Here's hoping your lungs are coping okay!

ryan field said...

Oy...wait until tomorrow.

But it is a good feeling while you're doing it.

Angelo said...

Congratulations! The next four days of walking gingerly on sore legs will be the most fun you've had in years.. haha I need to start doing more of the same, but am dreading the after-ache as well. Perhaps, if it is not too bad, I would consider it. Keep us posted? :)

Sherry Ficklin said...

You have to keep doing it till it stops hurting. Then, you have to try to make it hurt again. I'm still in the walking phase. Walking a few miles still hurts. Then, I'll start running! Good luck!

Robert W. Leonard said...

It's worth it, exercise is said to stop more than 90% of all heart disease and cancer! If that's not motivation, I don't know what is. Good luck with it. :)