Jenny Rae Rappaport
Recently, I was messaged on Facebook by a nice gentleman, who explained that he would like me to read and possibly review a young adult graphic novel for him. I explained that I couldn't guarantee a positive review, but that I'd be happy to look at it, if he wanted to send it.

And it occurred to me that although I'm not getting paid to review books nor to offer representation for any (since I'm no longer an agent)... that I don't mind reading books nor reviewing them.

So, if you do have a published (NOT self-published) book which you'd like me to review on LIT SOUP, you're welcome to mail a copy to the following address:

Jenny Rappaport
15-9 Interlaken Court
Freehold, NJ 07728

Legal stuff: I do not guarantee a review nor do I guarantee a positive review. I assess each book with the publishing and writing acumen that I've gained during my career as a literary agent and writer. If you send me a book, you consent to have it photographed and appear on the blog. Any books I receive become my property and all book reviews will have a statement at the bottom that I received the book gratis from the author. After reviewing your book, I am free to dispose of it as I want, including, but not limited to contests and giveaways on the blog.
Labels: edit post
8 Responses
  1. MaureenHume Says:

    Good on you, Jenny. I know from experience how difficult it can be to get legitimate reviews for your book.
    I'll have to send you my book some time :o)
    Maureen. www.thepizzagang.com


  2. ryan field Says:

    I review books sometimes, and I put up an FTC compliance on my blog just to make it clear that I'm not endorsing or promoting anything or anyone. I know this may sound paranoid, but I wanted to cover myself.


  3. Colleen Says:

    That is such a generous offer. Someday, someday, if I have one to share, I'll be sure to send it your way. Best of luck with this.


  4. Jenny, coming from your background, I think your book reviews will carry a lot of weight. So it's really awesome that you're willing to do that. Quick question: Would you be willing to do ebooks?


  5. I'm willing to do e-books, but they have to be compatible with my Kindle.


  6. PicardyRose Says:

    Jenny, can I send you someone else's book? I won't mind sending you my copy, I can buy another one. It's "Something Missing" by Matthew Dicks.


  7. You're no longer an agent? Did I miss a post?


  8. Tahlia Says:

    Hi Jenny. If you like fantasy fiction, then when my YA novel is published, I'd like to send you a copy for review.

    In the meantime, if you're interested you can take a look at ch1. It's called 'Lethal Inheritance’. You’ll find it at
    http://publishersearch.wordpress.com/lethal-inheritance/