Friday, January 01, 2010

A letter to Cablevision

Dear Cablevision.

This is an open letter to inform you that I am not pleased that you have failed in your negotiations with Scripps Networks. I no longer have HGTV or Food Network through my cable system, as of midnight on January 1, 2010. I would like to remind you that I pay you more than $140 a month, with internet and phone included. You may think this is a paltry thing, to lose two channels.

But lest you forget....

The super, two hour Iron Chef America with MICHELLE OBAMA AS THE SURPRISE GUEST JUDGE is set to air on January 3, 2010 at 8pm EST.

If you do not restore my Food Network by then, please be prepared to face dire consequences.

Sincerely,
Jenny Rappaport

10 comments:

theresamilstein said...

As we ring in the new year, I am most thankful that I have Comcast cable.

Good luck getting back your channels.

lexcade said...

aw, jenny! how awful to lose food network! it's one of the few channels worth anything...

and thanks for the reminder about the super iron chef... i hope you have FN back by then!

Richard said...

Comcast won't keep you safe. Cablevision is the current scape goat at this time because it's contract with Scripts was up now. Your turn to absorb a demanded 700%increase is yet to come

ryan field said...

This is wrong. I couldn't survive without House Hunters.

Jenny Rae Rappaport said...

I'm at the point where I'm trying to figure out what other cable I can get here...

ryan field said...

Did you contact Direct TV, and inquire about a satellite dish?

I looked into Direct TV last year and was very impressed. Unfortunately, my property is too heavily wooded to get a good signal.

If you're in a condo or townhouse, you just have to check with the HOA to be sure the dish allowed.

Jenny Rae Rappaport said...

Well, DirectTV is an option, since other people have it around here. FIOS is unfortunately not an option because we don't have the wired infrastructure.

Comcast can't find me...

So I may end up getting DirectTV later today. Oy.

Jathi said...

Sadly, she was not a guest judge, which is what I had thought.

However, murdering Comcast is appropriate, since she did provide the secret ingredient for that battle.

ryan field said...

I can't get FIOS either where I am. But if I didn't have so many trees, I'd get Direct TV in a minute. I can only get one cable company here, and they just removed one of my favorite OnDemand options: Tube Time.

Jenny Rae Rappaport said...

Still no Food Network... the saga continues... =(