Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Westward bound!

Well, west of me, actually. =)

You know how I was querying the hivemind about going to Tokyo? It turns out that I am going to Tokyo this spring.... just for a lot longer than I anticipated in that post.

I'll be in Tokyo from April through the beginning of July, studying Japanese at a language school and running around the city and the country. To say that I'm happy that I have the funds saved up and the time to do this is an understatement... I am freaking thrilled!

I'll post lots of pictures when I'm there, as I'm taking my camera with me and will have internet.

Of course, I'll miss Zoe and my husband, Chris. But they're both good with me going for three months, and Zoe is going to leave me video cat postcards through Skype. Which will most likely consist of her being held up to the web cam and struggling to get down.

And I think that's about it. =)

Questions? Comments? I'm obviously planning on getting the rest of the agency work wrapped up before I go.

7 comments:

lexcade said...

that's so awesome, jenny! i'm happy that you get to have such an amazing experience. you'll have to keep us posted on what you're doing and learning over there.

best of luck to ya, darlin'!

CKHB said...

Congrats! How very cool and exciting!

Deb Salisbury said...

Wow! That is so cool! I've always wanted to visit Japan. I'll be looking forward to your posts.

ryan field said...

This is wonderful. Just going there is an education itself, but studying there makes it even better.

Jenny Rae Rappaport said...

Happy, happy, joy, joy. =)

(Can you tell I'm a total 90s teen?)

Maniac Scribbler said...

That's awesome! I'm currently in Osaka, and it's an amazing opportunity to see the country!
All the best, and I hope that you enjoy it!
ManiacScribbler =^..^=

Nadine said...

I just got back from two weeks in Japan - completely amazing! I'm happy to give you any suggestions on anything - places to see, eat, etc. I was in Tokyo, Hakone, Kyoto, Nara and Kurashiki. E-mail me at Mauiauthor@gmail.com if you have any questions! :)