Tuesday, May 04, 2010


My dearest, dearest family dog, Dusty, has made it through his spleen removal surgery with flying colors. He's home, groggy, and being babied by my mom. He lives with my parents, by the way, which is why you don't hear about him often. It's probable that he has lymphoma, but I'm just so thrilled that he made it through the surgery alright. At almost-13-years-old, that's no easy feat for a Labrador Retriever. =)


Jodi Meadows said...

Glad to hear he made it through!

ryan field said...

That's wonderful. He made it through at 13. My ten year old went through surgery two months ago and I was terrified.

Jenny Rae Rappaport said...

Ryan, well, it turned out not to be quite flying colors. He got somewhat anemic in recovery at home and needed to check back into the vet hospital for a few days. My parents take him home tonight. I am thrilled, but also sad that I can't hug him for two months.