Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Samwise

I'm behind on everything, including posts of substance. Bear with me while I catch up on everything--much stuff to do around these parts.

But, in the meantime, I'd like to direct your attention to the fact that my friend Spencer has named his new son, Samwise. Yes, after that Samwise. I think it's wonderful, but then again, I'm still fighting to eventually name a son of mine Severus. The husband's current thought on that: "It will be just our luck that Rowling will write a prequel about Harry's parents and it will be huge, and then our kid will be in elementary school and mercilessly teased because his name is Severus."

Can I help it that I love Snape?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

As a teacher, if you name your kid Severus, this is what he (or she) will hear EVERY day on the first day of school from their teacher...."Severus...parents are Harry Potter fans, I see...", or some variation thereof...

Tara Maya said...

Parents, pleased: "Come here, Sammy!"

Parents, displeased: "Get over here, Wiseguy!"

Jenny Rae Rappaport said...

I totally know that's what the kid would hear, which is why my mom has threatened to disown me forever, if I inflict that name on my child. Alas.