Sunday, January 16, 2011

Don't Ever Do This!

I try very hard not to be snarky, but there are times that I can't help it. This is one of them. =)

Seriously though, I just got this in my e-mail via LinkedIn. We won't even address how STUPID it is to even try to query through LinkedIn, but to query when I very obviously have not worked as an agent for over a year is bordering on ridicule. I know I should probably update my LinkedIn profile, but I can't be bothered; I don't really like the website, and anyway, who the heck doesn't google the agent that they're querying? This guy, obviously.

"I have a hot literary property straight out of today’s NY Times headlines. In 2003, I designed a Stuxnet-style attack on the U.S. and used it in the just-finished novel, Web Games. There is a window of opportunity here for an alert agent who can line up an agile publisher. More details at Get in touch.

--Larry Constantine (Lior Samson)"

Mr. Constantine, you are truly not cut out for the publishing game.


Deb Salisbury said...

That is tooooo weird. It looks more like spam than a real query. Ick.

Robert W. Leonard said...

But surely you see the cool, calm demeanor and ultra-suave confidence? I mean, this guys is offering YOU his superb story. You should feel honored. But didn't I see that movie? War Games, right? ;)

Mazhar Hussain said...

I've visited your blog today nice blog

februaryfour said...

Obviously they've never read Query Shark. Also, unless they're both an IT guy and a genius writer, I doubt the book will be any good, considering their summary of it.